Parents and Family Members
Join others and learn about special education, Individualized Education Program (IEP) development and effective advocacy while building leadership skills and supportive relationships.
Complete this series and be eligible to join the WNY Parent Leadership Network!
- Saturday, April 15 – 8:30 am – 1 pm
- Wednesday nights April 19, 26, May 3, 10 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, May 20 8:30 am – 1 pm
A simple advocacy project
Pros of Attendance:
- Join and work with like-minded caregivers, feel understood and listened to and share your experiences!
- Learn about special education, advocacy skills, organizing all your paperwork, functional behavior assessments, behavior intervention plans, transitions & more!
“The Family Empowerment Series teaches you to hold yourself and others accountable. I also learned how to use the resources I had at my disposal. There are great leaders at Parent Network, which facilitate conversations, validate feelings, teach skills, and keep things positive! They help you keep moving forward.”
“You get to spend real adult time with other parents who understand your struggles while learning all about how the laws and regulations affect our children, practicing new ways to manage our stress, learning how to effectively advocate for our children, and getting guidance on how to finally organize that mountain of paperwork - in a supportive and relaxed environment.”
“Thanks to Parent Network's Family Empowerment Series, I went on to get credentialed and am now the Family Peer Support Supervisor for InTandem covering Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Allegany counties.”
Sign up to receive our latest events, news and resources.
Parent Network of WNY
1021 Broadway Street
Buffalo, NY 14212
Family Support Lines:
English – 716-332-4170
Espanol – 716-449-6394