Do You Want to Have an Impact on Disability Legislation?
Monday, March 6, 2017
Parent Network News
NYS Partners in Policymaking® is the premier learning and leadership experience for people with developmental disabilities and families. Our state-of-the-art personalized learning approach equips Partners with the knowledge, networks and confidence needed to shape and influence important issues affecting disability policy.
As a Partners in Policymaking® graduate, you can:
- Join a network of skilled, like minded advocates
- Develop effective advocacy techniques
- Develop partnerships with legislators and policymakers
- Become a public figure committed to positive system change
- Take advantage of continuous learning opportunities
Partners class session topics include:
- Disability History and Policy
- Inclusive Education and Lifelong Learning
- Supported, Competitive, and Customized Employment
- Independent and Supported Living
- Community Organizing
- Federal and State Legislation Processes
Want To Join? Training begins April 3rd, 2017.
Applications are due by March 27th. Apply Here