Assistive Technology Resources
For more information on Assistive Technology, download our fact sheets:
- Abledata — Provides information on assistive technology and rehabilitation equipment for all ages available from domestic and international sources to consumers, organizations, professionals, and caregivers within the United States. We serve disability, rehabilitation, and senior communities.
- Assistivetech.net — Provides access to information on AT devices and services as well as other community resources for people with disabilities and the general public.
- AT Apps – Apple Accessibility
- AT Apps – Microsoft Accessibility
- Center on Technology and Disability — Assistive and Instructional Technology Supporting Learners with Disabilities
- National Center on Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) — For students with sensory, physical, cognitive, or learning differences accessible instructional materials (AIM) may open doors to teaching and learning that ordinary print-based materials have closed. Accessible instructional materials or AIM are specialized formats of curricular content that can ensure every learner has access to learning.
- Simon Technology Center at PACER — Website has many resources, including a free online guide, “Tip Sheet for Exploring Free Web- and Tablet-based Assistive Technology”
- The Center for Assistive Technology — The School of Public Health and Health Professions at the University at Buffalo, conducts research, education, and service to increase knowledge about assistive devices for persons with functional impairments of all ages.
- The Center on Technology and Disability — CTD offers a range of information and services on the subject of assistive and instructional technologies. Hundreds of assistive and instructional technology resources have been identified, reviewed, and annotated. Direct links to each resource have been provided in most cases.
- Tots-n-Tech — Provides information and resources about adaptations, including assistive technology, to use with infants and toddlers.