For more information on Transition, download our fact sheets:
Preparing Your Child/Young Adult for Work
New York State Commision for the Blind – Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Social Security Administration
Career Development & Occupational Studies Commencement Credential (CDOS)
- Transition “Starters” for Everyone
- Transition to Preschool
- Transition to Adulthood
- Transitioning to College
- ACCESS-VR — (Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation) – the entity formerly known as VESID – provides support to individuals with disabilities seeking employment.
- Accredited Schools Online — Higher Education for Students with Disabilities Rights, Resources and Accredited Online Schools
- Career Zone — Online assessment tool, research tool and electronic portfolio for students
- Going to College — Helps high school students learn about living college life with a disability
- Niagara County Resource Manual for Youth Transition
- Starting the Conversation: College and Your Mental Health — TO STUDENTS: This guide is written to provide you with important information about mental health during the college years.
TO PARENTS: It’s important to know more about mental health during the college years and proactive steps that can help you support your student if needed.
- Transition Requirements and Guidelines — Transition Requirements and Guidelines contains information and links to what is required of school districts and agencies in providing transition planning and services
- Western New York Independent Living — The Parent Organization of Western New York Independent Living Family of Agencies
- WNY Collegiate Consortium of Disability Advocates — Resources and materials to support student’s successful transition to college