Assistive Technology (AT) Device
It means any item, piece of equipment or software, that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of a student with a disability.
Assistive technology (AT) device means any item, piece of equipment or software, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified, or customized, that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of a student with a disability. AT service means any service that directly helps a student with a disability in the selection, purchase or use of an assistive technology device. AT service includes an evaluation of needs, coordination with other therapies and services, the selection and purchase of AT devices and training for the student and/or if appropriate that student’s family.
- Apple – Accessibility technology options.
- Assistive Technology (AT) For Students fact sheet
- Assisted Technology for Transition-Aged Students with Disabilities fact sheet English and Assisted Technology for Transition-Aged Students with Disabilities fact sheet Spanish
- Center on Technology and Disability – Free, high-quality resources and events on all aspects of assistive technology.
- Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs – Technology-related assistance for individuals with disabilities (TRIAD) program.
- Microsoft – Accessibility technology options.
- University at Buffalo Center for Assistive Technology – Explores the functional utility for Assistive Technology (AT) devices and services in support of persons with disabilities.
Sign up to receive our latest events, news and resources.
Parent Network of WNY
1021 Broadway Street
Buffalo, NY 14212
Family Support Lines:
English – 716-332-4170
Espanol – 716-449-6394
Toll Free – 866-277-4762