Behavior is the way we act in response to different situations and/or environments.
All behavior is communication. Modifying challenging behaviors starts with understanding what is being communicated through the behavior.
Behavior is the range of actions that a person has in response to various situations and people. Behavior is a form of communication that is used to express thoughts, emotions, wants, needs, and intentions. Challenging behavior is a pattern of actions that negatively impact the ability to function at school, work, or home. The resources below may be helpful to parents or caregivers that are concerned about their child’s behavior. Parent Network of WNY offers behavior support services for children who are Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) eligible that live in Western New York.
- Challenging Behavior – Positive Solutions for Families – Family Routine Guide.
- Child Mind Institute – Complete guide to managing behavior problems.
- Interactive Autism Network – Resources on challenging behaviors.
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Support – National Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- The Summit Center – Behavioral Pediatrics Clinic
Parent Network of WNY
1021 Broadway Street
Buffalo, NY 14212
Family Support Lines:
English – 716-332-4170
Espanol – 716-449-6394
Toll Free – 866-277-4762