Family Support Services Behavioral Intervention Coordinator- Erie/ Niagara
The Family Support Services Behavioral Intervention Coordinator is responsible to provide individualized support for family members of school age children/young adults with DD and challenging behaviors in the individual’s home in Erie or Niagara County. All services will be provided for a period time mutually determined by the family and the Behavioral Intervention Coordinator together (not to exceed six (6) months). Family goals will include a focus on identifying barriers and solutions that will impact the family’s quality of life as a whole.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Review referrals for eligibility
- Conduct an evaluation with the family and the individual in their home and conduct appropriate screenings to identify a baseline of areas of need
- Identify a goal valued by the family and draft a person/family centered behavior intervention plan
- Provide in home assistance to the family to manage the plan, develop skills and implement strategies
- Respond to family questions and concerns in a timely basis
- Remain current and informed about available services and provide accurate and comprehensive information to the family
- Initiate referrals to appropriate services and follow through to ensure service linkages are made
- Complete home visits as needed to accomplish the above duties
- Set up and maintain a comprehensive case notes, utilizing Parent Networks Salesforce data system
- Exhibits appropriate language and dress.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exhibits appropriate work attitudes and performance behaviors.
- Exhibits reasonably regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Shows respect and courtesy in all interactions and communication internal or external to the agency.
- Demonstrates interest, knowledge and support for Agency mission, values and philosophy.
- Demonstrates a flexible, creative approach as well as an adaptability to change.
- Demonstrates dedication to the goals and values of the agency.
- Demonstrates problem solving and conflict resolution skills in both organizational and interpersonal matters.
- Demonstrates self-directed behaviors.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Supports and communicates with supervisor and co-workers in a cooperative manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the boundaries of the position as they relate to both responsibilities and limitations.
- Incorporates the Agency mission, values and philosophy in decisions, behaviors and actions.
- Demonstrates initiative and seeks supervisory counsel when appropriate.
- Adheres to the policies, procedures and philosophy of the organization.
- Model and practice sensitivity, fair treatment and acceptance of diversity with clients, co-workers and in all other interpersonal interactions.
- Demonstrate initiative in learning about and implementing skills related to diversity.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a closely related field.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in behavioral health; or any combination of experience that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Evidence Based Practices in behavioral healthcare services required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Strong interpersonal skills including negotiation, relationship building, and constructive feedback.
- Ability to resolve conflict and to handle multiple priorities.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers play an important part in the success of Parent Network of WNY. The Parent Network is grateful for the many volunteers and interns who have helped us achieve our mission over the years by donating their time and talents.
Want make a difference? Have a few spare hours?
Would you like to help with workshops and other events, assist the marketing department with developing flyers, prepare mailings or offer your talents to Parent Network of WNY?