DAEMEN COLLEGE – CENTER FOR ALLIED AND UNIFIED SPORT AND EXERCISE (CAUSE) COORDINATOR
The Center for Allied and Unified Sport and Exercise (CAUSE) at Daemen College provides opportunities for people with disabilities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage and experience the camaraderie and sportsmanship that comes with athletics participation. In addition, CAUSE provides a supported venue for caregivers to access athletic-based care, participate in health and wellness programs, or simply experience the joy of watching a loved one compete.
Reports to: Director for CAUSE (Center for Allied and Unified Sport and Exercise)
Position Details: Part Time, Hourly (Non-Exempt), scheduled to work between 20-24 hours a week maximum. This position is grant funded, and is not benefit eligible.
- Supervise student-workers and graduate assistant(s);
- Coordinates scheduling of athletic facilities and other space for sport sampling sessions in partnership with Daemen Athletics;
- Serves as liaison for Daemen Athletics with the Saffrin Center for Sustainability and Civic Engagement;
- Coordinate, manage and oversee all aspects of all sport sampling sessions;
- Responsible for data collection and management;
- Work with the CAUSE Director and Director of the Saffrin Center for Sustainability and Civic Engagement to monitor service learning student service learning hours;
- Monitor participant intake form and ensure all participants are appropriately enrolled in program;
- Assist with planning special events and engaging in community outreach;
- Manages the CAUSE website;
- Coordinates and attends all summer camp session offerings;
- Develops and manages annual calendar events and activities;
- Coordinates all training activities;
- Primary contact with parents of participants and parents/caregivers in CAUSE programing;
- Responsible for providing regular communication and reporting to CAUSE Director;
- Oversees and manages the CAUSE supplies and equipment budgets;
- Participate in the center’s leadership team and Advisory Committee, as needed;
Faculty and staff are expected to maintain the confidentiality of all confidential and proprietary information (including but not limited to: student personal information, student grades, employee personal information, etc.), both during and after their employment with the College. If a faculty or staff member has a question about the confidentiality of a particular matter, he/she should consult their supervisor. Any violation of this rule shall subject the faculty /staff member to disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination of employment. Please refer to your Employee Guide for the College’s complete statement on confidentiality.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in program coordination
- Ability to work as a team and independently as needed
- Required to work non-traditional business hours including evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques, leadership training, and appropriate team operation.
- Current certification in CPR, AED, and First Aid. Annual Blood Borne Pathogen education/training with Office of Human Resources.
- The coordinator is required to be present at all CAUSE sessions currently sessions are scheduled for the Spring 2020 on Sundays 12:00p-5:30p, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 5:00p-8:00p. Session days and times are subject to change but will remain weekends and evenings.
- Some evening and weekend work e.g., special events, community meetings
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience.
- Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills.
- Master’s degree in social work or a related field.
- Three years of experience working in program coordination.
- Experience working with people with differing abilities.
For consideration submit letter of interest and resume with your application. Review of applicants begins immediately.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/