- At Ellicott Elementary in the Orchard Park Central School District, they have completed a renovation to make part of their playground an inclusive playground. The wood chips fade to a soft rubber platform where there is a wheelchair accessible merry go round and glider. Should be done being built in October 2023.
- An all-inclusive park called ‘A Playground for All’ is coming to Chestnut Ridge Park. It’ll be right next to the casino. The park will be more handicap accessible for kids with physical disabilities. It’ll also be more sensitive to kids’ senses and have a rubber base instead of wood chips. Though you don’t have to have a disability in order to use the park.
- Mason’s Mission Playground at 6570 Campbell Boulevard. The 12,000-square-foot playground is compliant with federal Americans with Disabilities Act guidelines and features wheelchair accessible rides, slides, sensory play centers and a rose garden to serve as a quiet area for those living with autism. A wheelchair accessible merry-go-round is installed.
- 1500 Colvin Boulevard, Buffalo, NY 14223. This facility is specially designed to be a safe and inclusive place of play for children of all abilities. It provided a great option for classes at the Hoover Complex.
- The Explore & More Children’s Museum in Buffalo opened its new indoor accessible playground for all to play. The new indoor playground brings sensory rich experiences to the museum such as a carousel which has seats, and allows children to stand on, and a lot more.
- Motion Junction is a kaleidoscope of shapes and colors. Thought was put into every aspect of the design, from the parking lot to the communication center, with symbols arranged on plastic tiles for people who are non-verbal and a tactile playground map in Braille. Once four, fully accessible restrooms and a pavilion with a concession stand are added on the north side of the park, Motion Junction will become the first certified, universally designed playground in the United States. 2640 Outhouse Road, Canandaigua, NY 14424. The playground will be temporarily closed with a reopening date anticipated for early June due to the construction of the new pavilion. Summer 2023 they anticipate opening a pavilion with ADA restrooms, and more.
- The ARC of Erie County has opened a new 5,000-square-foot playground next to its Wilson Road headquarters. It’s all adaptive equipment, from wheelchair swings to various types of slides and swing sets, musical instruments and sensory equipment.
- 1290 Hopkins Road, Williamsville. Billy Wilson Park. Built to accommodate people of all abilities, these structures allow for ground-based fun with musical activities, rocking and swaying areas that are accessible for people with limited mobility with a variety of accessible socializing areas. These playgrounds include ziplines and challenging climbing areas as well as unique and easily accessed gliders and spinning features.
- The Mason’s Mission Foundation is working on another all-inclusive play space for Western New York kids and their families.
- A new inclusive playground officially opened! It’s located at Winchester Academy at Erie 1 BOCES, and it took nearly a year to complete. The inclusive playground lets kids play on swings, slides, ramps, and much more.
- The inclusive playground at Marilyn Toohey Park is now open – splash pad included.
- The West Dawson Park inclusive playground includes wheelchair ramps, sensory activities, and adaptive swings. Officials say the new space will ensure children and families have a safe, accessible place to play.
- Como Lake Park in Lancaster is a new inclusive playground and the goal of the new playground is to create an accessible space for kids with or without disabilities and also allow room for parents or caregivers to join them. The new playground includes a We-Go-Round Spinner, designed for children using wheelchairs. The Cozy Dome, a climber with round openings for hand and for placement for climbing. And a Rollerslide that gives a new experience while children slide, and is wide enough for children to slide down together.
- Ellicott Creek Park
- Emery Park
- Akron Park