It can be very difficult to plan for the holiday season. Many people are giving gifts to each other. Some people don’t have a lot of money to buy gifts. Here are some great ideas to make gift giving less expensive:
- Make a coupon book – Many people would rather have help around their house, like babysitting, than a present.
- Shop in the clearance section – There are some great ideas that don’t cost much in the back of the store in the clearance section. It is probably clearance because it went out so early that they need to make room for the new stuff.
- Make the present yourself – There are great ideas at craft stores that you can make yourself. Many times the person will like it better because you took time to make it for them.
If you feel the need to buy a gift start saving some of your money today! Take it and put it in a special savings account or an envelope in a special place. When it comes time to buy gifts you already have the money and are ready to shop.
Remember to take your time and think about that person. Don’t get upset or stressed out about buying people gifts for the holidays.
Alcohol with Friends and Family
As the holidays get closer many of us like to drink eggnog, wine, beer and other types of alcohol with our families. It is important to remember that drinking is illegal when you are under the age of 21.
If you are 21 years old or older here are some helpful tips:
- Know your limit. Don’t drink just to keep up with other people.
- Make sure that you eat well. Too much alcohol and an empty stomach will make you very drunk very fast.
- Don’t drink and drive or get in the car with anyone else that is driving after drinking.
- Don’t mix beer and liquor you will get sick quicker.
- Sip your drink don’t gulp it down. The faster you drink the drunker you will get.
- MAKE SURE THAT NONE OF YOUR MEDICATIONS HAVE A BAD REACTION WITH ALCOHOL. This could be very dangerous!
- When you go out for a few drinks, make sure to go with people you trust.